• Sign up for an account on the website, or through the CYCLESOCIETY Indoor Cycling Studio APP (available for Apple and Android). You can also email our studio email@example.com with any questions before booking your first ride.
• Hydrate before class and bring water. We also sell water for $3 in case you forget your own.
• Show up 15 minutes early to get checked in and situated.
• Make sure to introduce yourself to your instructor. Let them know if you have any injuries, or concerns and they’ll make sure to give you some suggestions on how to cater the ride to your specific needs.
• We do not have shoe rentals, but each bike has the option to clip in or wear regular tennis shoes. Our bikes are compatibale with both SPD and Delta cleats.
• You will choose your bike seat location on the bike map when booking your bike.
• One of our front desk staff members, or instructors will make sure that you’re set up perfectly on the bike so you can maximize your experience.
Learn how to setup your bike at CYCLESOCIETY, click here
• Once the first song starts, it’s time to engage in the present moment. We ask riders to turn their phones off, or leave them behind the bike in their belongings basket so that their class is distraction free.
• We ride to the beat of the music. Your instructor will call out and demonstrate various drills to perform.
• We believe in having gear (resistance) on the bikes. Having resistance helps prevent injuries. We like to ride fast, but we also like to be safe and smart. We encourage riders to keep ample resistance on their bikes at all points in class.
• Have fun, holler, laugh, sing and get out of your head!
• At the end of each class, your instructor will lead you through a 3-5 minute stretch.
• We ask that each rider wipe their bike with the sanitizing wipe provided by studio staff. Once the bike is wiped off (main touch points), please raise your seat and handlebar all the way up.
• We do not have a shower at our facility, but we have several goodies to help you freshen up after class (just ask the front desk and they’ll get you what you need).
• Please feel free to hang out post-ride, we are a community and we welcome the opportunity to get to know one another. If there is a class following yours, please clear the area around the bikes so our front desk staff can thoroughly clean the bikes for the next group of riders to come in.
• Stop by the front desk and let us know about your experience. A front desk staff member can help provide you with information on promotions, upcoming events, and can help you book your next ride.